About Me.

Hey I'm Bri. I'm a student at the University of Oklahoma. I love to write, take pictures, read and travel. Check out some of my articles at http://blogcritics.org.

Music.

You are currently listening to Taylor Swift.

Archives.

October 2006
November 2006
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008

Credits.

Layout by: skeim.
Fonts from: dafont.
Banner image from: here.
Do not take out these credits. Please&thankyou.



Sunday, August 26, 2007

My 494 word biography

I have been called a bookworm. I have been called a snob. I am a slob and I am a perfectionist. I have been called a Jesus freak. I have been told I was going to hell. I have cheated and I have been cheated. I hate relationships yet I am a hopeless romantic. I have been known to get things done fast and I have been known to procrastinate until the last minute. I could not begin to tell you who I am. I can only tell you facts.

Most of my time is divided between sleeping, going to class, working on the OU yearbook, and working at On The Border, but in my free time I like to read; I take the time to write often whether it be fictional or just my thoughts for the day; I like to listen to music, sing and play my guitar; I also love to travel and wish I could do it more; And like most people I enjoy watching movies and television and hanging out with my friends.

Currently, I am reading “Great Expectations” by Charles Dickens. You may be wondering why I would voluntarily torture myself with this book. One of my goals in life is to write a novel. Not just a novel, but to write novels in addition to a 9-5 job as a copy editor for a publishing company. In my opinion, to write great novels you at least need to have read the classic literature therefore I torture myself with books such as Great Expectations. But the things I read for my own enjoyment are books such as “Best Friends” by Martha Moody, “The Firm” by John Grisham, and “The Poisonwood Bible” by Barbara Kingsolver.

The most recent movie I have seen is “SuperBad”. I went to see it instead of working on an article that was due the next day. Needless to say I forfeited sleep just to get the article done. The movie, which was written by the star and writer of another hilarious movie, “Knocked Up”, was by far the funniest movie I have ever seen. Though, I am not sure if that is a good thing because it was also the most vulgar movie I have ever seen. My favorite movie is obviously “The Notebook”, but my obsession with vampires makes “Van Helsing” a close second.

My short-term goals include getting a 4.0 this semester, saving up enough money to pay for a trip to Washington, D.C. in October and improving my writing through practice on the OU yearbook.

My long-term goals include traveling around the world, getting a job that I am happy doing, and starting a family. I stress the long in long-term goals, but these are things I think about.

My focus is my future, but I never miss an opportunity to experience life today. Education is important to me and I view experience as the best education you can get.